Monday, January 31, 2011

Lamp Makeover

Ever since I saw the picture from my previous post in Rue Magazine, I've been obsessed with yellow lamps. I guess I've been subliminally loving them for some time since I found a number of yellow lamps bookmarked into my favorites:

Love teal, yellow and white!

Yellow with black

Classic "jar" style lamp

The original picture that started this all...

Lovely color scheme

Electric yellow!

I found an imperfect lamp at Marshall's for $11 that needed a little love. The shade was crooked and there was a dent in the base:


I fixed it up and tried a ton of different shades of yellow (yellow is one of the hardest colors to get right) before settling on this color called jaune moyen.


It's fun, quirky, and totally ties in the yellow accents in the room:


I'll probably repaint it in a few months when I get sick of the color... that's the beauty of paint!

No comments:

Post a Comment