Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Dining Room Mini Update

My mini dining room update is complete (I think...) My two main goals were to not compromise the original chairs and add brightness/contrast to the room at the same time.

After Pic:
(Scroll to bottom for the icky before pics)
I tried using elements of my master bedroom makeover to inspire my choices.

Here are the 6 simple pieces to the update:
  • entry way color
  • texture
  • high contrast furniture
  • hanging orb
  • console table
  • symmetrical lamps
1. Entry Way Color: I added some color to the front porch entry with birds of paradise from Lowe's and large glazed pots from Ross.

Inspiration Photo:

2. Sisal Rug: A woven jute rug added instant texture to the tile flooring.


I found mine at OSH of all places.

Inspiration Photo:


3. High Contrast Furniture: My $14 Target black slip covers are an instant makeover all on their own (they were a beige before). Plus, they are removable and machine washable. I hung white curtains that create great contrast against the black chairs.


Inspiration Photos:


4. Hanging Orb Chandelier: This is a throwback to college days... I like it because it's light and bright (and cheap)!

Inspiration Photos:


5. Console Table, Symmetrical Lamps, and Pops of Color: Check out my DIY console table post here.

Inspiration Photos:



Little pops of color make a big difference:








Here are the icky before pics.... bla!








No comments:

Post a Comment